Below are some of the rhyming couplet poems that students emailed to me or read aloud during the December conference call. Enjoy!
I am driving in my car,
I can drive very far.
Today is Jesus' birthday,
I am worshipping today.
Caleb ~ grade 2
Snow is falling on Christmas day,
I like to go outside and play.
But the presents are under the tree,
And look, there is one for me!
Kara ~ grade 2
I have a pet dog,
He can stand on a log.
I have a pet dog,
He faces a frog.
I have a pet dog,
He can see in the fog.
Shekinah ~ grade 2
Jolly old Santa,
Are you a grandpa?
On Christmas your grand kids
Flip their lids. (Not sure if this last line is correct Abby - let me know if it's not.)
Abby ~ grade 2
Christmas carols are so much fun.
I don’t want the singing to ever be done.
Karlee ~ grade 2
Friday, January 2, 2009
Couplet Poetry
Posted by Jessica Holder at 1/02/2009
Labels: student work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment