
As I officially embark on my second year of home schooling, I am reminded of one of my main reasons for continuing this experience: the heart of my children.
Last year, my children and I were great at working through our choice of curriculum. However at the end of the year, I felt like I had minimized the effort and time put into instilling God's truths into their hearts.
During this past summer the phrase "Lessons are caught, not taught" kept crossing my path. It's not scripture, but it sure got me thinking.
The most important lessons that I want my kids to catch are the one's about their relationship with God. But the question is, how do these types of lessons get caught? After pondering for a time, the answer became clear:
How I live out my relationship with God (along with my husband) is huge in helping our children "catch" this type of learning.
During this upcoming school year my goal is to become more conscious of how God is present throughout each day. I want Him to filtrate through general conversation. I want His truths to be acknowledged through what we view and read. I want my family to begin seeing others and the world around them through His eyes. Hmmm... it sounds like some pretty big lessons are in store for us.
on not getting sold a story
1 week ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment