Monday, October 19, 2009

Work Boxes - Creating an Independent Learner

At the beginning of the school year it is fairly common for homeschooling parents to start asking:

How do I motivate my child to do school work?

How much school work should my child be doing each day?

How can I help my child to become a more independent learner?

Although every family is different, I have recently come across an organizational technique that may be the answer to all of the questions above. The technique is called workboxes. Apparently there is a book written that describes how to implement workboxes within a homeschooling environment, however I have found the process described quite clearly in the links provided below. If you would like more information regarding workboxes, then please contact me via email or phone.

Ever Heard of Workboxes?

Workboxes are Working for Us

How We're Using Workboxes

Working the Workboxes

0 comments: