
During the month of May, your child may like to focus on "self-control" in his/her journal writing. Below are some journaling ideas that may prove useful:
Copy Work: Have you child copy one or more of the following scriptures into his/her journal. Encourage your child to embellish the copy work with a drawing.
[B]e hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined. ~ Titus 1:8
The end of all things is near. Therefore, be clear-minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. ~ 1 Peter 4:7
Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control. ~ Proverbs 25:28
Lyric Response: Here is a link to some song lyrics about self-control: Once I Had a Knot in my Shoe. After sharing these lyrics with your child, discuss actions that show self-control and actions that show a lack of self-control. Have your child create two lists representing these contrary actions. You may also encourage your child to write about a time when he/she forgot to use self-control. If your child like to write poetry, then encourage him/her to write a "lyric" about self-control or the lack of it.
Prayer: Have your child record a prayer asking God to help him/her to remember to show self-control.
Journal Starters:
I can show self-control when my brother or sister makes me upset by ...
I can show self-control at the candy store by ...
I can show self-control when I get really excited by ...
I can show self-control when I feel angry by ...
on not getting sold a story
1 week ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment