
We sit gathered around the kitchen table. Spiral ringed journals, coloured pencils, expired Martha Stewart magazines, scissors and glue sticks surround us, inspiring our creative juices to flow. I choose the focus and we journal - a reflection of who we are, at this time, in this moment, today.
********************************
During the summer I was inspired by these journaling experiences here: Journaling Inspirations. The idea to tear or carefully cut images from magazine photos to embellish journal pages was new to me, and one that was ideal for all those beautiful, unread Martha Stewart magazines that were waiting on the shelf ...
During this learning year, my girls and I are finding time to gather around the kitchen table, once every week or maybe every two, to nestle a glimpse of our lives onto a journal page. Our glimpses will be shared during "Journal Writing Wednesdays" throughout the upcoming year. May you join us and journal a little legacy too.
Life Journal Entry #1:
~ Scripture verse:
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139: 14-1
~ Photograph or self-drawn portrait of self.
~ Magazine photos of beautiful things.

0 comments:
Post a Comment